Disasters can happen anywhere and at any time. The Safety Committee at Fanning Elementary School strongly encourages each student to have a personal emergency kit for the classroom in the event of an emergency, such as an earthquake or extended lockdown.
For your convenience, the PTA is offering survival kits for sale for $13. Each kit contains the following items and has a 5-year shelf life.
- 3 days emergency water (16 oz/day)
- 3 days food bars equaling a total of 2400 calories
- 1 twelve hour light stick
- 1 disposable poncho
- 1 solar blanket
- 1 tissue pack
- 6 moist towelettes
If you would like to purchase a survival kit, click Add to Cart below. When ready, Checkout will take you to PayPal for payment processing and you will be emailed a receipt.
- All emergency kit orders must be placed by 9/28/2019.
The emergency kits will be delivered to your student’s classroom and stored there. They will be returned at the end of the year.
- You will be prompted for your student’s name, teacher, and grade in the Cart. To ensure accurate and timely delivery, please place a separate order per student. Spirit Wear and Emergency Kit orders for a single student may be combined.
Your child WILL NOT be permitted to take something from the kit if he/she forgot a snack or wants a drink. The kits are for true emergencies only and will be returned in June.